[Scummvm-devel] OSystem API?

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Fri Aug 1 15:47:08 CEST 2003

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

> It's only absurd if your system's mouse cursor = the game engine mouse
> cursor. Which might be the case on Dreamcast and Intent, but isn't the

No, on the Dreamcast that isn't the case.  In fact, there is no
system's mouse cursor.  Heck, there isn't even any system.  :-)

> Nowadays, we probably could get rid of set_mouse_pos and require the
> backend to move the mouse cursor appropriately (no matter whether it
> is virtual or real).

Yup.  Unless it's a warp, only the backend knows the appropriate
position to move the soft cursor to (and whether there is a soft
cursor to move for that matter), so it doesn't make any sense for
this information to take the round trip though the engine.  So it's
still absurd.  :-)

  // Marcus