[Scummvm-devel] 0.5.1 release soon

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Aug 6 11:35:06 CEST 2003

Am Mittwoch, 06.08.03 um 20:06 Uhr schrieb Stefan Parviainen:

> Uploaded scummvm-0.5.1-beos2.pkg (note the filename!).
> There's also a scummvm-0.5.1-beos.pkg which I uploaded earlier but it
> includes binaries without icons.
> Since I don't have permission to overwrite files on the sf.net server I
> had to upload the newer pkg with a different filename.
> Please rename scummvm-0.5.1-beos2.pkg to scummvm-0.5.1-beos.pkg

Sadly we can't do that.

The best way to handle this would the following:
* We leave scummvm-0.5.1-beos2.pkg *completely alone*. Don't touch it.
Just wait till it is removed from the FTP server in 24 hours
* We add scummvm-0.5.1-beos.pkg now to the FRS
    -> this will permanently copy it into our FRS space
* Then we just remove it from the 0.5.1 release again (the "bad" fill
stay, but we'll overwrite it soon)
* Since the file is no gone from the FTP area, Stefan can now upload
the correct file with the correct file
* We add the file a second time to the 0.5.1 release; this will
overwrite the bad file with the correct data in the FRS area

That's the way I normally do it. Don't worry, it's actually pretty easy
and straight forward. Also if somebody already added the beos2 file, we
can file a SR to get it removed.