[Scummvm-devel] BS2 cutscenes

J.Brown (Ender) ender at scummvm.org
Thu Dec 25 06:17:03 CET 2003

> Well, that isn't a too big problem, since frame-rate can be changed...
> Long time ago I converted StarCraft-videos into AVI and it still had a good
> quality. I think it would be a good compromise to use either PAL (25fps) or
> NTSC (30fps) since they are standard.

Yeah, there just needs to be a wee bit more work than that to ensure it
also syncs with the engine :)

> > There is a localisation issue with BS1 cutscenes, as unlike BS2 the
> > smack's also contain voiceover. For now I'm just ignoring that.
>
> An interesting possibility would be separate video and audio stream.
> so instead of one cutscene.mpg with audio track you would have
> additionally cutscene.mp2 (or .mp3) in the same folder, which would
> contain the voice.
> The voice streams could then be distributed in a separate package.

Good point. And I don't see why we can't supply a tool to extract the
audio from a smacker file.

As for you doing it, I want to give it a few more shots when I get back to
work, but if I end up not having the time go for it ;)

 - Ender