[Scummvm-devel] Adventure Game Studio

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Sat Feb 1 07:58:11 CET 2003

Hey guys.

I recently discovered that there is a free adventure game creation
program called "Adventure Game Studio" (<URL:http://www.agsforums.com/
ac.shtml>) which you can use to create your own LucasArts style games.

It seems pretty popular, there are over 100 games featured on the
site.

Now the downside; the games created will only run on W*ndows.  And the
author states that apart from possibly a Linux/X86 port, he's not
going to do anything about that either.

This sounds like a job for ScummVM!  Is anyone interrested in making
an AGS backend to sit along with the SCUMM and Simon backends?  (I
probably won't try to do it on my own due to limited avaiable time.)
Since the tool to create the games is avaiable, reverse-engineering
should be fairly straightforward.  There will probably be a fair bit
of stuff to implement though, as the system looks pretty competent.

Thoughts?  Cheers/boohs?  Volunteers?  :-)

  // Marcus