[Scummvm-devel] RE: VER_V15

Jamieson Christian jamiesonc at tds.net
Wed Jan 15 17:25:07 CET 2003

BTW, I propose we do away with the VER_V## enum altogether. When we first
implemented this new save/load system, I envisioned the savegame format
being upgraded at least once or twice a month. Obviously the enum would get
way too big pretty quickly at that rate. Why not just use the numbers the
fancy wrapping (15 instead of VER_V15), keeping CURRENT_VERSION (or is it
CURRENT_VER?) to reference the most recent number.

Among other things, that change will allow you to upgrade the savegame
format as often as you like for CoMI, using new numbers each time, without
the code getting "ugly". :)

	-- Jamieson Christian (SourceForge: Jamieson630)