[Scummvm-devel] BS 1/2 source

J.Brown (Ender) ender at scummvm.org
Thu Jul 17 10:12:51 CEST 2003

Also, we will be distributing the data files for Beneath a Steel Sky, as
freeware, shortly. Also thanks to our wonderful friends at Revolution :)

This will hopefully happen as soon as I can get an answer on whether
SourceForge is okay with this. I'm pretty sure it's allowed, but better
safe than sorry.

---

In other news, I'm intrested in peoples opinions regarding what we should
do with BS1/BS2.

I would like to see BS become a ScummVM module, as with our other engines,
but I hear that some of our platforms are already struggling under
limitations of segment sizes and the like.

So I basically two options here:

	* Keep as a seperate CVS module & program, just 'borrowing' the
backends from ScummVM Core (Kinda messy)

	* Implement it as a module. Most platforms will have no problem
with this. Porters with segment limits,etc, can choose to either compile
two binaries (one with say, Scumm + Simon engines, the other with BASS +
BS1/2 engines). Possibly add dynamic module infrastructure for the larger
platforms to allow for on-the-fly engine modules to be loaded/unloaded.

Any options?

 - Ender
   Lead Monkey Fodder
   ScummVM