[Scummvm-devel] Release plans for 0.4.0; branch

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat May 3 03:34:22 CEST 2003

Hi folks,

we decided to finally make the 0.4.0 release. The current plan is to
get it out in roughly a week, on sunday (May 11th). To this end, I plan
to branch CVS this monday afternoon (GMT). That gives you all 2 day to
make changes, get your ports updated, etc..

In particular, it would be nice if the respective port maintainers
could inform us about the status of their ports:
* DreamCast
* GP32
* MorphOS
* PalmOS
* WinCE
Is your port ready for a release already? If not, can you update it in
time for next sunday? If not, when else could you have it ready?

On monday (May 5th) , I will make the "branch-0-4-0". Only bug fixes
should go on that branch. You can continue development on the trunk as
always, but if you make bug fixes, make sure to get them into the
branch, too. If you have problems getting your change into the branch,
you can contact me.

We will need testers for the branch next week; even though CVS was
already tested in the last few weeks for regressions, we need to
double-check the branch (besides play testing, this also includes
things like checking the README for mistakes etc.).

I will send another email around once the branch happens, where I will
also explain how to get a checkout of the branch, how to commit your
fixes to the trunk AND the branch etc.