[Scummvm-devel] Maniac Mansion (few fix's and the game is kinda completable)

J.Brown (Ender) ender at scummvm.org
Fri May 23 00:28:06 CEST 2003

> with the current code (no /8 in getObjAct....) Var[1] gets set to 255, the
> script then aborts and doesnt start again.
> With /8, Var[1] gets set to 3, which is what the original interpreter did (i
> checked it with the debug mode).

*snip*

That's really weird, because that function returns an actor number. And
the distance used from getObjToObjActDist() is used in a loop and never
passed to the script, so the internal scumm distances (non /8'ed) should
be fine.

It's intresting that the hang is in that place, but I'm not sure that this
is the right solution.

 - Ender