[Scummvm-devel] Joystick code

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Sep 9 16:10:11 CEST 2003

Yo folks,

I wonder if we should disable the joystick code in the SDL backend, or
at the very least, turn it off by default and provide a command line
(and config file) option to enable it. Rationale: lots of problems are
caused by it, at least on Windows, including crashes, stuck mouse
cursor, "wandering" mouse cursor etc. OTOH, I am aware of anybody
actually using it. Of course that doesn't mean you, dear joystick
users, aren't out there, which is why making this an option would be
preferable (although slightly more work).

Something similiar wiht regards to the mouse emulation via keyboard: it
bugs hell out of me when I use the arrow keys in the GUI and they move
the mouse. Of course mouse emulation will be useful for some people,
but I don't think the majority is even aware of it, so we could also
just disable it by default. And add an option for it.

Comments?