[Scummvm-devel] "Flight of the Amazon Queen", continued

J.Brown (Ender) ender at scummvm.org
Wed Sep 10 01:06:29 CEST 2003

Alright, news roundup.

We will (as soon as John digs it up) be getting the FOTAQ source code.
It's now up to everybody who wants to work on it to organise yourselves.

Basically, a few decisions need to be made:
 - Do you want to start work directly in CVS (ass a disabled by default
module), or work on our Shadow non-public server until the code is a
little more reliable?
 - Who is going to be involved in it? I want some firm dedications here,
as I'm not giving the source out to everyone :) Also, I would like a
commitment from the eventual team to at least try and spend SOME time on
our development IRC channel, as that is used for issue discussion more
than the list. ScummVM architecture changes, etc, are usually decided
there first.
 - Do you want a second list to use for discussion of issues?

I'm going to ask Joost to act as an unofficial leader at the moment, just
until everybody becomes familiar with the 'ScummVM way'. A few weeks after
we get the source and things start shaping up, I'm probably going to
nominate a 'Maintainer' - based on whom is most reachable (preferably on
IRC), who has been working on the code the most, etc. I'll make a
suggestion and seewhat people think.

Anyhow, just some thoughts. More news as it happens. :)

 - Ender

   http://www.scummvm.org/   | "Amen! Attempts to eradicate humour from
   http://www.quakesrc.org/  |  our distribution should be ignored with
   http://www.enderboi.com/  |  extreme prejudice" - cjwatson at debian.org