[Scummvm-devel] Re: CVS: scummex bomp.cpp,1.1,1.2 descumm.cpp,1.2,1.3 image.cpp,1.13,1.14 sound.cpp,1.4,1.5

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Sep 23 06:36:11 CEST 2003

Am Dienstag, 23.09.03 um 15:29 Uhr schrieb J.Brown (Ender):

> Compiling the descumm's as a library might be an intresting idea -
> could
> allow linking against the main ScummVM library too, in order to provide
> some in-game debugger script decompilation.

Yeah, good idea. So essentially we'd have a library which you hand a
scumm version (and/or game id), and a pointer to memory buffer, and a
pointer to a printf-like function (or maybe simply some kind of
"appendToBuffer" or "printLine", i.e. w/o varargs).

Then the "normal" descumm just would contain the current descumm-main,
and pass the command line information on scumm version/gameid, as well
as the regular printf, to the "library". ScummEX would work similarly,
but pass its own special print function. Same for ScummVM (which would
probably use the console output function).

Anyway, I am off till saturday now.