[Scummvm-devel] Re: Sourcecode for ScummVM / RiscOS

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Sep 29 04:35:05 CEST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 20.03.03 um 13:49 Uhr schrieb Max Horn:

> Am Donnerstag, 20.03.03 um 12:36 Uhr schrieb David McEwen:
>
>> Hi...
>>
>>> However,  you only provide binaries, no source code. ScummVM is
>>> protected by the GPL and as such you are required to publish any
>>> modifications you make to the source. We have repeatedly requested
>>> that
>>> you post the source code. I hereby repeat this request once more, in
>>> public. Not complying would be a violation of our license.
>>
>> I don't recall being requested to release the source code... but I'm
>> sure I
>> would have given the same response.
> Hm, I was told we did. Maybe there was a problem with the mail
> delivery? Or somebody used the wrong email address? IIn any case, I
> think this shouldn't be a problem anymore. I didn't believe that you
> had any bad intentions in the first place anyway, and am glad to hear
> this was justified :-)

Hello David,

Maybe in the past there was a communication problem. But now fact is
that we *did* provably ask you. And that was 6 month ago. No further
reaction from you followed.  I hereby once more repeat the request that
you comply to the GPL as soon as possible. We would, as I clearly
stated in the past, definitely prefer to settle this peacefully and in
cooperation with you. Ideally integrate any changes you made, but it's
just as well possible for you to release a patch set or the full
modified source. But the current state of things *is not acceptable*.

However, if this fails again, then even though we don't like to
threaten people at all, we will have to. Please comply to our license
and honor the hard work we put into making ScummVM. I believe that is
only fair.

Please respond within reasonable time to our deep concerns (let's say,
within 10 days) and state what you plan to do about it.

Regards,

Max Horn
ScummVM Project Leader