[Scummvm-devel] different default savepath for *nix

Florian Zeitz Florian.Zeitz at epost.de
Sun Apr 18 11:57:01 CEST 2004

Am Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:29:22 +0200 hat Hein-Pieter van Braam
<hp at syntomax.com> geschrieben:
> windows systems aren't too standard in that respect, but what i've seen
> from a
> couple of the "newer" games (gta3 for instance) the general idea seems
> to be
> to put it somewhere in the my documents dir, I think this is good
> practice
> since it's the closest thing to a home dir that a windows system has.

This is just my oppinion, but as many people I like to have Windows and
system data on a
C: drive and all my data on D:. So C: is very small and the my documents
dir is on C:, so having
saves there will lead to low temp space on many Windows mashines (of
course I dont like the newer
games doing that, too, for this reason.
I liked the way most old windows games did it, namely having saves either
in the game dir or in a Saves subdir (I prefer the second one, 'cause the
first leads to a very full dir).