[Scummvm-devel] 256KB reduced binary size vs. speed

Jamieson Christian jamiesonc at tds.net
Wed Apr 28 07:40:08 CEST 2004

I vote for the size reduction. ScummVM's executable size scales fairly
linearly with its feature set, whereas its performance does not degrade in
the same manner. Translate: the executable keeps getting bigger, not slower,
as we keep tacking things onto it. Consequently, size optimizations are more
important. (Especially since the feature whose performance will be degraded
as a result of this change is an OPTIONAL feature anyway. If it were a
required functionality element, I might think twice about voting this way.)

    -- Jamieson (sf.net: Jamieson630)