[Scummvm-devel] Re: 0.6.1b Build Call +platform specific features

Stefan Parviainen stefan.parviainen at mbnet.fi
Tue Aug 10 14:59:07 CEST 2004

I've been on vacation so I haven't been able to upload the 0.6.1b
scummvm binary for BeOS until now, it should be found on the upload ftp
server(scummvm-0.6.1b-beos-x86.pkg). Sorry for the delay.

On a different matter:
What's the policy on platform specific features? I've been playing with
the idea to add some metadata to the savegames so it would be easier to
organize the files (e.g. sorting savegames by game name, scummvm
version, etc. in a standard file manager). This would be possible at
least under BeOS + other OS's using filesystems that support metadata.
Adding metadata support would be trivial, about 20 lines of code
perhaps(for BeOS).
OTOH adding platform specific features makes the code harder to read.
Since scummvm works on quite a few platforms, the sourcecode would
quickly become a terrible mess if too many platform specific features
were added.
Any thoughts about this?