[Scummvm-devel] Proper communication

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Aug 12 10:00:06 CEST 2004

Yo folks,

I just learned by chance on IRC that we (the ScummVM team) were given
ITE ("saga") source by WyrmKeep. More info here: <
http://logs.scummvm.org/scummvm.log.30Jul2004>

Well that's good news.

The bad news is that I only learned about this by chance. I mean,
normally I'd expect that all developers are informed about such a big
event. At the very least I'd expect the team leads (Ender and me) to be
informed. That wasn't the case... so once again:

Just discussing something on IRC is not equivalent to announcing it. At
least drop an email to scummvm-devel to inform everybody. If you want
to keep things "secret", mail us privately. You can't expect everybody
to read all the IRC logs all the time, and even if one does, it's easy
to miss things. I don't want you to announce every little detail here
on the list, but to me it is common courtesy to at least notify people
about major events (like new modules being added; engines being
removed; source being donated; new developers on the team; new release;
etc.)

Bye,