[Scummvm-devel] Release plans, once again

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Aug 22 06:38:55 CEST 2004

Am 22.08.2004 um 14:34 schrieb Marcus Comstedt:

> Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

[...]

>>> I'll have to write the dynamic loader myself anyway, so I can add
>>> whatever features I like.
>>
>> Aye. The current "Plugin" code isn't set in stone, by the way, it's
>> still unfinished in some ways... if you need changes or have
>> questions, feel free to discuss this with me :-)
>
> Well, the first change I seem to need is moving the "standard"
> definitions of PLUGIN_PREFIX and PLUGIN_SUFFIX from Makefile.common to
> Makefile so that I can override them.  No problem with that I suppose?

Should be fine.

> Secondly, I'll need to add another dependency to the dynamic plugin
> link rule; right now it depends on $(EXECUTABLE), but I need it to
> depend on a linker script generated _from_ $(EXECUTABLE).  Any
> suggestions for a name for the makefile variable to hold this extra
> dependency?

Uhmpf... maybe PLUGIN_EXTRA_DEPS ? So something like this in Makefile

PLUGIN_EXTRA_DEPS := $(EXECUTABLE)

Then in the morphos additions for the Makefile
PLUGIN_EXTRA_DEPS += your_fancy_script

And in common.rules
$(PLUGIN-$(MODULE)): $(MODULE_OBJS) $(PLUGIN_EXTRA_DEPS)
	$(CXX) $(PLUGIN_LDFLAGS) $(filter-out $(PLUGIN_EXTRA_DEPS),$+) -o $@

(I am not sure if filter-out will work right this way, you gotta try
that one out, I guess).

Bye,