[Scummvm-devel] Release plans, once again

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Thu Aug 26 13:51:17 CEST 2004

Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org> writes:

> This reminds me old discussion about static RGBtoYUV in HQ2x and
> HQ3x. It could reduce size by 256k with small speed impact, but I
> think DC port doesn't use this scaler anyway.

Yup, this is exactly it.  The static tables RGBtoYUV and LUT16to32
take up half a megabyte together.  And no, the DC does not use the
software scales (it has perfectly fine hardware scaling), so this is
dead code.  It would not even get included into the binary were it not
for the --whole-archive flag needed to suck in stuff needed by the
plugins.

What I'm going to do is add a Makefile variable which controls whether
the scaler framework gets included at all in libcommon.a, to be able
to get rid of it once and for all (will cut down complation time a lot
too, since hq2x and hq3x are the files which takes the longest to
compile...).

  // Marcus