[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM name

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Mon Dec 6 13:17:03 CET 2004

Hi gang,

I know, this issue was tried to be arosen some times on the past, but
no decision (positive or negative) was performed on it.

ScummVM. SCUMM Vritual Machine. SCUMM. It was it in the past, a long
ago. But now?

  o SCUMM
  o Simon
  o Queen
  o Sky
  o Sword1
  o Sword2
  o SAGA
  o Kyra
  o (?)tinsel

Seems to be misleading, eh?

I know scummvm.org ownership was renewed recently, but in any case we
have to support that name for a while. So it shouldn't be an argument.

Are there any arguments against rename? I know it's a pain, some work
to do. But in any case we now are not only SCUMM engine, rather
AdventureVM (yes, I remember RAW engine :P). Why not change it to some
other, more correct acronym? ...and site redesign is at hand too...

Eugene