[Scummvm-devel] 0.7.0 release schedule

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Dec 6 13:57:03 CET 2004

Am 06.12.2004 um 16:53 schrieb Marcus Comstedt:

> Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:
>
>> SECONDARY GOALS:
>> The following goals would be very nice to have, but we can release
>> even  without them:
>> - Dreamcast port ready
>>    #1072753 (DC: Backend needs to be update for FilesystemNode
>> changes)
>>       <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
>>       func=detail&aid=1072753&group_id=37116&atid=418820>
>
> Well, it seems you already fixed this one.

Cool, I wasn't sure if that worked :-).

> I made an attempt to look at bug 1029853 too, but I could not get the
> bootparam thing to work.  I added this to the launcher code:
>
>   ConfMan.set("boot_param", 660,
> Common::ConfigManager::kTransientDomain);
>
> but the game still starts from the beginning.  This bootparam stuff is
> all new to me so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Bootparams only work in debug mode -- so in addition, you have to
specify "-d0" (or in your case:
  ConfMan.set("debug", 0, Common::ConfigManager::kTransientDomain);

> One rather annoying thing I discovered is that
> setFeatureState(kFeatureVirtualKeyboard,true) is called when you enter
> the main menu in SCUMM games.  This is not so good, since the virtual
> keyboard conflicts with regular GUI input and should thus be enabled
> only when you actually want to input text.  My suggestion is to enable
> the virtual keyboard when naming a savegame only, and leave it off for
> the rest of the menus.

I just changed it in CVS so that the virtual keyboard is only enabled
when the _saveDialog is running. Hope that helps.
Not sure if that causes any issues with the WinCE or PalmOS ports...
chrilith, arisme?

> Also, there still seems to be no way of activating the aspect-ratio
> feature from the menus.  Which means that there is no way to activate
> it at all on the Dreamcast (even though it is implemented) since there
> is no command line or settings file.

And no "hot keys" are possible on the Dreamcast port either, I assume?
Anyway, we normally allow to change that setting on the launcher config
dialog. I could add such a switch to the SCUMM options dialog, too, but
that wouldn't help non-SCUMM games.

Speaking of which, for the next release I was thinking about adding a
global options dialog which is reachable from all frontends, in
addition to whatever built-in option dialogs they might have. But
that's not relevant for this release.

Bye,