[Scummvm-devel] README

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Sun Feb 8 05:58:02 CET 2004

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

> On the long run, I think the README shouldn't be a copy of the manual,
> but rather a fixed text which points out a very few things to get
> people started (what is scummvm, where is the homepage, where is the
> manual, maybe how to start scummv). Just my two cents :-)

It could contain bits from the manual though.  With LaTeX it's no
problem to run with different flags to hide/reveal different parts of
the text.  Just define a \begin{readme} \end{readme} environment for
stuff that should go into the README.

I'm not saying this is necessarily the best way to do things, but it's
definitely a possibility.

  // Marcus