[Scummvm-devel] Java port of SCUMM

VGDB vgdb at consolemul.com
Wed Feb 18 06:13:08 CET 2004

Hi guys,

I started a Java port of SCUMMVM (focusing first on Beneath A Steel Sky part)
Since Java is not C/C++, there is a lot of rewrite to do but I try to keep the highest percentage of code from SCUMMVM in order to make easy to maintain.
My goal is to have a full port of SCUMMVM running in Java (certainly in the form of a Java WebStart application) as well as a free online version (small size applet with smart downloader included) to allow to play free games (like BASS) and demos (like the one available on ScummVM site).

Here is a work-in-progress screenshot of my work if you want to check.
http://vgdb.consolemul.com/wip.jpg

I just wanted to know how do you feel with this (as it is not a real port) ?

Regards,
Gollum
http://java-emu.emuunlim.com/index.html