[Scummvm-devel] 0.6.0 testing, so far..

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at tietoenator.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at tietoenator.com
Mon Feb 23 23:39:03 CET 2004

I've played through Broken Sword II (with the preliminary cutscene pack),
using a February 17 branch snapshot. I didn't notice any bugs or glitches at
all.

What worries me is that there have been reports about ScummVM crashing when
changing rooms. It happened to me once when I played through the game the
last time. It also happened a few days ago when I was testing the cutscene
audio/video sync, but at that time I had been hopping around the game using
the debugging console so I'm not sure that counts.

Joachim reported a reproducable crash on IRC yesterday, but by the time he
had gotten GDB to work he could no longer reproduce it. I've valgrinded
that particular scene (if I understood him correctly), but saw no
ScummVM-related warnings.

I guess there may be a race-condition, I guess. The sound code is the only
thing I'm aware of that's running in a separate thread, so that'd be the
prime suspect, I suppose.

But all things considered, BS2 appears to be in good shape for 0.6.0.

Torbjörn

--
TietoEnator Resource Management AB
Persona