[Scummvm-devel] README vs doc

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Jan 28 13:39:53 CET 2004

(accidentally sent this to Torbjorn only the first time :-/)

Am 28.01.2004 um 09:01 schrieb <Torbjorn.E.Andersson at tietoenator.com>:

> Just to set things straight, where and how are documentation updates
> supposed to be made nowadays? In the past few days my suggested
> addition
> about multi-CD games was added to the doc directory, and a change was
> made
> to the credits section in the README file.
>
> In other words, they are both getting out of sync with each other, and
> that
> worries me.

Actually, AFAIK they were already out of sync from the start, because
the doc/ dir stuff was based on an older README version.

I wonder if the doc/ dir is good for anything at this point. In
particular, I am curious how we are supposed to create a useful HTML
version from it, and more importantly, a *text* version... (the primary
reason LaTeX was not on my list of suggestions for a doc format is that
it sucks when it comes to outputting pure text. But I hope that's just
because I don't know something about LaTeX which you guys know)...

> (Speaking of credits, we really should add Interactive Binary
> Illusions to
> our "Special thanks to" section.)

Go ahead and do it.