[Scummvm-devel] Warning hunt

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Jul 20 13:35:48 CEST 2004

Am 19.07.2004 um 14:26 schrieb James 'Ender' Brown:

> Well, reinterpret_cast is something we have had issues with in the past
> and it should be avoided (the main problem here is non-gcc compilers
> like MSVC).

We have had problems with that? I don't recall that -- only problems
with dynamic_cast, which were caused by some targets (embedded ones?)
not having RTTI support. However, reinterpret_cast does not depend on
RTTI at all, so it should work even w/o RTTI support. "Should" ;-)

In any case, I don't really see the point in this particular change,
either. We *are* doing something evil in the OFFS/SIZE macros (as the
comment right next to them explains). Changing it to use
reinterpret_cast won't make it less hackish, would it?

Bye,