[Scummvm-devel] Kyrandia engine and team

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Nov 9 13:58:02 CET 2004

Since there are two requests for team membership which so far haven't
been answererd "officially" (i.e. on the list) by the two project
leads, I'll take that up now :-)

First one, handled in this mail: LordHoto regarding Kyra.

Am 16.10.2004 um 14:15 schrieb Johannes S:

> Hi,
>
> I had submited a patch to the kyra engine, wich had been accepted. I
> have also written the two tools 'dekyra', which is now in the tools
> module and 'unpackkyra' which you can currently find at the patch
> tracker. Currently i fixed some bugs in the cvs code. I have time and
> resources to contribute to kyrandia engine development. I would like
> to be a member of the ScummVM Team and have CVS write access.

I know nothing about kyra (the game) and don't have it, so I can't
really judge how good the submitted work is, and if there is any
substantial work besides copying code from freekyra. Ender may have
more of an oppinion in that regard since he has some interest in kyra
himself.

Other than that, I was not yet fully convinced by some of the work I
have seen and the discussion with LordHoto I read in the logs. Despite
this, my stance is this: if somebody wants to vouch for LordHoto, then
we can add him in. Of course as usually, you shouldn't break things
outside the kyra module, talk to other team members / leads before you
make non-trivial changes to global functionality (like messing with
OSystem or the File class) etc., but that should be obvious anyway :-)