[Scummvm-devel] Walkthrough dialog ?!?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Nov 19 17:13:03 CET 2004

Yo folks, yo aquadran,

So, what is this new "walkthrough dialog" stuff? It looks like it might
display a dialog showing a walkthrough text, for certain games. Is that
guess right?

If so, this seems like a fairly major change, with a potentially
controversial feature. E.g. I personally am not sure that I want such a
feature in ScummVM; it feels like bloat to me.

What upsets me a bit is that there was no discussion about this at all,
at least none that I could see (read: nothing on ScummVM-devel). We
wanted to discuss (or at least announce) major changes here, right?
Adding such a thing seems like a relatively major change.

I'd appreciate if somebody could enlighten me regarding what exactly
this new stuff does. If it is what I right now think it is, we might
also want to briefly discuss whether we want such a feature, and where
folks here think ScummVM should be going in terms of features and
development...

Bye,