[Scummvm-devel] Re: DC port status

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Tue Sep 28 14:30:58 CEST 2004

Marcus Comstedt <marcus at mc.pp.se> writes:

> As for "CD speed", the problem, as before with The Dig, is that the
> heap management is poor and throws out things which are actually in
> use, so that they must immediately be reloaded.

I did a quick check standing in the first room of the game doing
nothing.  The resource "Script 27" was nuked and reloaded 13 times in
less than a minute.  Nuking this script reclaims 114 bytes.  Big
Whoop(TM).  :-)

Other than scripts, various Sound resources seemed to be the prime
candidate for the thrashing, sound resource 257, 261 and 272 were
nuked and reloaded three times each, etc.

  // Marcus