[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM compile options

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Fri Apr 15 08:50:54 CEST 2005

Arisme writes:
 > Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > Another question is how to define these options. Either do this:
 > >
 > >   ./configure --disable-scumm-7-8
 > >   ./configure --disable-insane --disable-dimuse --disable-smush
 > >
 > > Or
 > >   Have it specified in platform-specific Makefile and
 > >   platform-specific config.h
 > >
 > > So what do you think about this?
 > >

 > I'd go for the second one, at least because WinCE has a proprietary
 > toolchain
Hmmm... seems that I didn't explain it clearly.

C++ code will be the same:

  #ifndef DISABLE_HE
  engine = new ScummEngine_v80he(detector, syst, game, md5sum);
  #endif

But the question is where to define these #defines. I.e. either they
will be in fixed set and put in some config.h or they could be also
defined by configure options. Of course those platforms/compilers
which don't use configure script have to define them by other means,
say, project/solution files for MS(e)VC or PalmOS builder in your
case.

Eugene