[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM Logo on T-Shirts ?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Aug 27 03:29:09 CEST 2005

Am 25.08.2005 um 15:32 schrieb Florian Kattner:

> Dear Scumm Crew,
>
> i´m from Germany.
> I use ScummVM very often it ist a wonderful Tool ! :-)
>
> Now I´ve a Question about the permission to use your ScummVM logo,
> which is
> located in the upper left and right corner of your Homepage
> (http://www.scummvm.org).
>
> Could I use this logo in front of an T-Shirt ?
> I would like to sell T-Shirts with this logo on the front side or
> at the
> back side.
>
> I would be happy if you give me your agreement for this.

Hm, so, essentially you want our OK to use our IP (intellectual
property :-) and our reputation to earn money by selling a product (T-
Shirts) over which we have no quality control?

Uhm, why would we agree to such a thing? Essentially, we can loose
all sorts of things (if, hypothetically, there was any kind of
problem with those T-Shirts, I bet many people would come to us and
complain to us about it, even though we aren't responsible), while we
earn little to nothing?

Ahh, sorry if that sounds overly negative, but maybe if you give us a
little bit more info , that might can change my oppinion... Which
right now is that we should plainly refuse your request.