[Scummvm-devel] Replacing Common::Map by std::map

Arisme arisme at free.fr
Sat Jan 15 16:35:00 CET 2005

Max Horn wrote:
> As I have argued many times in the past, I don't believe using std::map
> will cause any portability issues, as is proven by e.g. Exult, which
> runs on almost all the platforms we run on.

Mmh. I don't remember seeing Exult run on a Pocket PC. I know for sure
that Embedded Visual C++ 3 will not support built-in STL (it can
probably compile stlport, but I wouldn't bet on it since C++ support on
EVC 3 with the latest patches is roughly worse than what we get in
Visual C 6.0 without patches).

But I've already used it with EVC 4 and it worked fine.

I'd say than switching to STL will increase the WinCE build size and can
possibly break the compatibility with older devices (Pocket PC 2000,
Handheld PCs). However I think it's a good idea, at least for the other
ports that do not rely on a broken compiler :)

Cheers

Nicolas