[Scummvm-devel] Question about the TG16 version of Loom

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com
Fri Jul 22 11:58:42 CEST 2005

Travis Howell wrote:

> You need to dump the tracks from the TG16 version of Loom using the dumpcd
> utility from http://www.zeograd.com/misc_download.php
> Only the English version of TG16 version of Loom is supported by
> extract_loom_tg16 so far.

Ah, that did give me a file with the correct checksum. Dumpcd seems to
be a bit temperamental, though. On the first computer I tried it with, it
swore that all the tracks, including and especially track 2, were audio
tracks. If the difference between the correct file and the one I got on
my first attempt is small enough (say, if it's just some extra file header
or so), perhaps it'll be possible to extract that too, eventually...

I got a lot of warning messages from extract_loom_tg16, and the resulting
.LFL files were much too small to be taken seriously, but I guess that's
what "unsupported" means. I'll have a closer look later.

Thanks!

Torbjörn Andersson