[Scummvm-devel] Re: setCursorFromImg and findObjectInRoom with v6

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Jun 15 08:44:50 CEST 2005

Am 15.06.2005 um 17:12 schrieb Alban Bedel:

> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:23:07 +0300
> Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org> wrote:

[...]
> I want to add that personaly i think that having a compiler could
> really help scummvm. It allow easy testing of some border case,
> situations that don't exist in released game can be created, sample
> games could be made for regression test, etc

In theory, yes. Alas, about the only things that we really need
regression testing for, are the walkbox code. And that would be easier
to test by calling the involved functions directly: Even if one had a
"test game", one would still have to write code which fakes mouse
clicks etc, for a full regression testing. Of course, that's all
feasible, it's just not very interesting to write (well, at least not
for me, maybe other people do love doing these things :-). Plus, the
benefit at this stage isn't so high, as we do not really tend to make
deep changes to the existing code, we mostly only add code paths for
new engine versions...

>> As of your question, it is quite specific and probably nobody has
>> enough time to fire up a disassembler and check this for you. Also as
>> far as I see it is not a bug in our code (i.e. no impact) but I may be
>> wrong so if it is so, please, submit your bug report on our
>> tracker. Then it will be definitely reviewed asap.
>
> Ahh, that's more positve. Stay calm i don't expect anybody to do my
> homeworks :) However i did expected to find some ppl how might help
> me here.
>
> I doubt disambly, etc would help here atm. I would not dare to call
> that
> a bug before i can sort out why this piece of code is there.
> Finding who wrote it might help too. According to the cvs the code was
> alredy there when the tree was imported on sf.net. The last significant
> change to this if block was with revision 1.71 which added the error()
> for the "old bundle" games.

The current CVS was imported from our old CVS, which you can find here:
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/scummvm/scummvm-old/>. It seems
the code was added by ludde in 1.15, see
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/scummvm/scummvm-old/object.cpp?
annotate=1.15>