[Scummvm-devel] TV2x and DotMatrix

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com
Wed May 4 14:22:26 CEST 2005

Pierre-Yves Gérardy wrote:

> There were scanlines on CGA, EGA and MCGA screens. The tv2x scaler is
> imo a usefull one for the older games. (I'd make the scanlines
> slightly darker, it would look closer to what I was used to, but
> that's a point of detail).

But how far should we go in emulating hardware deficiencies? Should we
emulate the sound and disk swapping of a floppy drive as well? Should the
image remain dark for the first minute or so to emulate an old TV set?

Anyway, my main point is still this: Both these scalers have issues, and
with the current CVS version they have more issues than ever. I don't care
enough about them to fix them myself, and if no one else wants to do it,
should they be kept as is or should they be removed. (It's not completely
unprecedented: We did remove the OpenGL backend, and I don't recall anyone
complaining very loudly about that.)

Torbjörn