[Scummvm-devel] Merging the bug trackers

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue May 24 13:19:18 CEST 2005

Am 24.05.2005 um 15:59 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

[...]

>> The main drawback I perceive right now is that I'll have a much harder
>> time to get the bug tracker down to 50 issues for the next release ;-)
> Yeah :). But our current tendency is that number of opened bugs
> grows every month... Also we have great bunch of them for v1/v2 games
> which seems nobody is eager to work on. Moreover new SF.net statistics
> page shows that average age for our bugs is over 300 days. Not
> nice. We even have 2 bugs since 2002 and 8 since 2003.

Sorry, but that's a typical case of a misinterpreting and misstating
statistics :-). A closer look would reveal this:

1) Before every release, I and others go through the bug trackers, and
typically close (and fix) between 10 and 25 bugs.

2) The average bug age is an "average" -- so the age of all bugs is
added up and divided by the number of bugs. In particular, we have
eight open bugs from 2002/2003; that skews the picture a lot. If you
really look at the data, you'll notice that the vast number of bugs has
a much shorter turn around time, often only a few days.

Bye,