[Scummvm-devel] MD5 errors -- "unsupported" game versions

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com
Mon Nov 14 07:03:12 CET 2005

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

> I stated this before, but I'll repeat it: I am not happy that we now
> are so extremly picky about MD5s matching. This was *never* what I
> intended when I said a long time ago that we should try reducing the
> number of SCUMM targets.

This is the same discussion that was held briefly about feature request
#1286150 ("Third-party translations"), which resulted in the
"target_md5" configuration setting. I believe that it can only be
changed by manually editing the config file though, which is not very
user friendly. Having a GUI for it when adding a game might go a long
way towards making everyone happier.