[Scummvm-devel] MD5 errors -- "unsupported" game versions

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com
Mon Nov 14 23:28:00 CET 2005

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

> I don't think so. The "target_md5" key is mostly a hack, and only
> usable by "pros". It's OK that it is there, but exposing it via the
> GUI to our users doesn't solve the real problem.

Well, obviously I didn't mean to add a "Game not recognized, select
your MD5 sum here" dialog. More like a "Game not recognized, is it
one of these, perchance?" and then set the "target_md5" setting based
on that.

If that's possible. I'm really not that familiar with the game
detection code.

Torbjörn Andersson