[Scummvm-devel] 0.8.0 release schedule

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Tue Oct 11 16:24:07 CEST 2005

Hi team again,

here I'd like to present approximate schedule on 0.8.0 release.

As I've announced, we have a feature freeze. I.e. no new critical
things should be commited. Actually we don't have that much amount of
activity.

Exceptions to this are:
   o Ports. I suspect that porters collected big amount of changes
     just waiting for commit. But please, don't bring in experimental
     stuff
   o Kyra engine. This will not go into production anyway. Though it
     would be nice if Kyra developers will at least participate in
     testing.

Monday, October 17th (about 12:00 GMT)

   o 0.8.0 branch will be tagged
   o Till that I hope to have most major games tested by users.
   o Bugfixes since this date will go both to CVS HEAD and to 0.8.0
     branch.

Friday, October 28th (evening, around 21:00 GMT)

   o Release date. All documentation updated with new version numbers,
     release tagged and packed.
   o Sources tarball will be uploaded
   o Porters should start building their ports till end of the week.

Sunday, October 30th.

   o Release is announced and news posted.
   o Website updated
   o News sites notified

So if everything will be ok, we have 18 days to go.

Eugene