[Scummvm-devel] ATTN: Porters. Notes about time() implementation and thumbnails

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 06:39:47 CEST 2005

Yeah I agree, we should fix this before 0.8.0 release.

> Using localtime is probably not a good idea -- time zone
> issues... better to use gmtime or so, and then convert it
> for display to the local time zone (i.e. all internal times
> should be stored in GMT/UTC, while the display should occur
> with the local time zone).

That is what Fingolfin said. As you said we could use our intern
routine for passing it to the dialog for now with localtime, every
other method should need to be implemented platform specific. If it is
ok to use localtime I will do it our way.

Johannes