[Scummvm-devel] ATTN Porters. Device compatibility lists

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Fri Oct 14 21:03:00 CEST 2005

Hi again,

here I'd like to post a request to porters, particularly of following
ports:

  WinCE
  PalmOS
  SymbianOS

Your ports support zillions of different devices and we get several
requests per month requests on either ScummVM runs on gadget FOO. This
is outstanding issue which would be nice to address.

So may you, please, create pages on Wiki each for your port, something
like [your-port]_Compatibility and put a list of known supported and
(most importantly) unsupported devices which your port does or does not
work on. Also would be not bad if you describe issues/restrictions
which you know appear on some particular device.

This shouldn't be something extensive or verbose, but at least
structured, say, have 2 groups of devices Working and Non-Working and
keep those lists alphabetically sorted. If course, maintain the list as
time permits or need arises.

Not all of you three have Wiki accounts. So I'm CC'ing it also to
Ender. As I remember procedure is easy, just drop him your real name,
e-mail address and desired password which you will be able to change
later.

If possible, this should be done before 0.8.0 release, i.e. current
deadline is October 30th.

Eugene