[Scummvm-devel] Release status. Oct 17th

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun Oct 16 20:46:21 CEST 2005

Hi guys,

yesterday was yet another busy day, especially as of game testing.
Current testing stats are:

SCUMM: 17 of 20
non-SCUMM: 7 of 9
HE: 10 of 30

One show stopper is gone, and one is still remains. Again, probably it
will be just ignored as non-critical to release. I'll try to
investigate it tomorrow.

DC and WinCE ports status has been updated. Though no word about PS2.
Robert, any news? I guess it is not yet ready.

IMPORTANT: Today, around 12:00 GMT branch-0-8-0 will be created and you
will be able to continue your routine development. But please, do not
relax too much yet, as we may see more critical bugreports from users
during next 2 weeks.

It appeared that MM NES has lots of issues which couldn't be fixed
before release due to their number. What do you think, should we disable
it in the release at all or leave as is?

For your information. Targets which will be disabled in the release are:

Kyrandia -- module will not be compiled
IHNM -- target will be commented out
Feeble Files -- target is already commented out
Gobliiins 2 -- target will be commented out
(any additional entries here? Kirben?)

Of course, development will continue in main trunk for every one of
these.

Release schedule remains the same (but as I personally see, nothing
prevents us from releasing on 23th :P). You've done excellent work on
bugs killing so far.

Monday, October 17th (about 12:00 GMT)
  branching

Friday, October 28th (evening, around 21:00 GMT)
  release tag
  porters start building their ports and upload them to SF.net

Sunday, October 30th
  release is announced.

Probably future status updates will be somewhat rarer, i.e. on when
something will happen.

Show stopper bugs
-----------------
#1248622 MI2 (CD): game crashes when trying to scroll up inventory

Nice to have fixed bugs
-----------------------
#1298180 ALL: ScummVM does not compile on Mac with MT-32 emu disabled
#1296826 COMI: No time to click while Banjo duel
#1276592 PSP: Save Game Issues
#1252606 ZAK: crash when trying to fly back to SF
#1221549 MT32emu: doesn't compile under gcc 3.4.2 / i386

Ports status
------------
WinCE: partially ok
  Windows Mobile 5.0 480x640: No obvious problems
  Windows Mobile 5.0 240x320: Some problem being resolved
  Some problems with cursor handling

PalmOS: some problems
  sky, simon, queen: ok
  scumm has global data problem
  gob is not tested yet
  BS1 is too slow (will not be included)
  BS2 is not aligment safe  and cannot be ported (will not be included)
  saga is too slow in 68k mode (will not be included)

DC: ok

PSP: ok
  The PSP port is pretty much good to go

EPOC: Some problems
   UIQ: ok
   S60: soundhandling causes problems at times
   S80: ok
   S90: Not tested on actual hardware

GP32: not ready, will not be included

MorphOS: unknown