[Scummvm-devel] Move game specific datafiles into CVS?

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com
Wed Oct 19 08:25:51 CEST 2005

Johannes Schickel <lordhoto at gmail.com> wrote:

> since at the moment BASS and FOTAQ and in the future the Kyrandia
> engine will use a data file for the resources stored in the original
> binary of the game, I'd like to propose that we could add a 'data'
> folder to our scummvm CVS module, in which we put these files, so that
> people which use the cvs will always have up-to-date datafiles for the
> specific engines.

Makes sense to me, as long as the files aren't overly large.

Which reminds me... Last time I checked, the BASS downloads did not
include the SKY.CPT file. Do they now? If not, should they once 0.8.0
is released?

(Having the files available separately is still useful for people who
have the original games, of course.)

Torbjörn Andersson