[Scummvm-devel] Release status. Oct 19th

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Oct 30 01:37:17 CEST 2005

Am 29.10.2005 um 23:27 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

> Hi Team,
>
> So, tomorrow we will announce the release. Everything goes as
> expected,
> though yesterday there were some hassle with retagging, though we
> always did that with our previous releases ;).
>
> Number of precompiled ports was uploaded but there are some misses:
>
>  o Mac OS X scummvm and tools
Uploaded and in the FRS.

>  o PS2 port
>  o SymbianOS/EPOC builds
>  o Dreamcast builds (Marcus?)
>  o AmigaOS builds (I didn't even heard about its status)
>  o Solaris 8 builds (who builds that?)
>  o BeOS package (Stefan?)
>
> So tomorrow, around 15:00-17:00 GMT we will announce release, news
> items will be posted (any volunteers to help?). And we will celebrate.

Note that while I can give you access to the SF.net news system,
either Ender or me currently need to update the Freshmeat and
Versiontracker details. Shouldn't be a problem, though.

It would be helpful to have some kind of premade "blurb", though,
some kind of nice standard text that can be used for this (The usual
"We are proud to present BLA BLA with these new features BLUB".

Regarding the udpated website: Don't forget to update the CVS links
(to the README) and the links to the FRS release notes. Also, the
file sizes on the downloads page need to be calculated, of course (we
really should write down all these little bits into a RELEASE-NOTES
or HOWTO-RELEASE file. Including a list of all places in which
version numbers need to be changed etc.. Also when the 0.8.0 is made
visible, do not forget "Step 4:   Email Release Notice").