[Scummvm-devel] FOTAQ CD version in Ogg format?

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Sun Sep 11 14:30:06 CEST 2005

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 10:49:09PM +0300, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:11:23 +0200
> Joost Peters <joostp at 7fc1.org> wrote:
>
> > Alternatively, you could modify queenrebuild to support transcoding.
> My understanding of the problem that it will pose same questions to
> them. I.e. they can't use MP3 in their distribution and so no way to
> write license-free application to do the job.

Exactly. Because of this a transcoder won't help in this
situation. :-(

> So easiest solution would be to host uncompressed/ogg compressed game
> data somewhere else. As you, Stefan, mention it on that bugreport.

Yes, I think this is the way to go. I'll ask if SUSE/Novell can host
it. At least the ogg compressed one. Then you could set a link to
it. BTW, what's the size of the uncompressed one?

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany