[Scummvm-devel] Possible new backend features

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Apr 1 03:00:02 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

I am curious, is there any progress on getting the Nintendo DS port
"official" ? What is hindering that?

I know that we talked about various OSystem features that are needed,
and I am willing to help with that, but I can't just add them in w/o
working directly with the people who actually *need* those features.
The only thing I can do at this time is to make suggestions as to how
to implement certain things; or I can implement things on request.

E.g. OSystem::setFocus(Rect) -- I can add a stub for that to OSystem
right now, but it would be a bit poinltess w/o adding code to the
various engines that uses it. I believe the DS port already has such
"hooks", so instead of me blindly searching spots where I could
insert possibly appropriate (or not) calls, it would be much easier
if I got a patch on the patch tracker providing that (obviously a
patch made so that the DS port would benefit from it)...

Are there other problems? Please tell me and I'll try to help.