[Scummvm-devel] 0.9.0 plans

Pawel Kolodziejski pablo at omega.xtr.net.pl
Fri Apr 14 08:13:03 CEST 2006

> On Mo, April 10, 2006 14:05, Pawel Kolodziejski wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Eugene asked me yesterday about 0.9.0. We both thought that we don't
>>> want to wait half a year for that... in fact I think it would be
>>> great if we could make releases every, say, three months or so
>>> (ideally, it would be nice to have a "roadmap" or so, but that
>>> requires a lot of dedicated people whoa actually work on fixed
>>> milestones, so I am afraid that's not too realistic for us right
>>> now :-).
>>>
>>> Still, a 0.9.0 shouldn't be too far away. Essentially, we need to
>>> finish the GUI code, and make sure our ports get up to speed. In
>>
>> gfx drawing gui with theme quite slow on pda with linux sdl default
>> backend. without it works not fast but resonable.
>>
>> Pawel
>
> Hi Pawel,
>
> while I am not fully sure what exactly the intention of our mail is/are,
> you are right in so far as the new GUI code is indeed still comparatively
> slow.

my report was not exaclty correct, that issue was caused but overloaded
mouse events by too much samples position of stylus press. So when i press
stylus, sdl+opie got too much events, sdl app (scummvm) coudn't poll
events due locked sdl queue events. So everything slow down. Comparing
scummvm from 04 and today i don't see speed difference. Anyway speed of
gui with theme is good for my pda. Would be better if opening dialogs with
shadow effect could be a bit faster.

Pawel