[Scummvm-devel] DXA file format for videos

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Apr 29 02:36:02 CEST 2006

Some more thoughts:

* Does DXA really only store XOR frames? If so, that means one always
has to start playing those videos from the start, right? Only I-
frames No P-frames means no seeking in the file. Probably not a
terrible problem for our usage, just wanted to mention it.

* Using libpng to compress P and I frames is also done by this Codec:
http://corepng.corecodec.org/

* When compressing stuff with libpng, it might be worthwhile to run
optipng & advpng (the two complement each other, as we know) on each
P/I-frame.

* For reference, there are some more lossless codecs out there, but
most seem to be geared towards true color mode (and commercial and/or
have an incompatible license:
- http://www.compression.ru/video/ls-codec/screen_capture_codec_en.html
- http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html
- http://www.alparysoft.com/products.php?item=35