[Scummvm-devel] Use of --tempo ?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Aug 1 01:45:19 CEST 2006

Hi there,

I feel dumb for having to ask this after all these years, but... Is
there any reason for keeping the "tempo" config option? To quote README:

   --tempo=NUM   Set music tempo (in percent, 50-200) for SCUMM games
                 (default: 100)

IIRC in the past it was useful to work around quirks in ScummVM which
caused it use incorrect music tempos. But those should be fixed, no?
In any case I have never used --tempo in the past couple years.

<play Mission Impossible music>
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to explain whether
this feature is still needed (and why) or to state that it can be
safely exterminated. Warning, this functionality will auto-destruct
in 30 days.

Bye,