[Scummvm-devel] Build of ScummVM 0.8.2 on Solaris 10 x86

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Wed Feb 8 02:38:13 CET 2006

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 00:44:06 +0100
Laurent Blume <laurent at elanor.org> wrote:

> I can, but I need some help to make it properly.
>
> There are only two errors:
>
> In file included from ./sword1/animation.h:25,
>                  from sword1/animation.cpp:25:
> ./graphics/animation.h:34: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef
> int8 int8_t'
> /usr/include/sys/int_types.h:54: error: 'int8_t' has a previous
> declaration as `typedef char int8_t'
>
> I don't know how to cleanly work around that
Rename every int8_t to something like int8_type.

> Something like
> #ifndef (sun)
>   typedef int8 int8_t;
> #endif
>
> doesn't seem right to me.
yes, this is not correct.

> But to do something clean in the files using those variables, the
> whole set of variables should be renamed, too:
>
>         int32   SS;
>         int32   SD;
>         int32   DS;
>         int32   DD;
>
> Would that do? Or is there something easier that I overlooked?
Rename each instance of these to, say, SS_, SD_, DS_, DD_.

Submit two above patches separately, because they should be reviewed by
different subteams in our project. I think they will be silently
accepted, or at least those devs will rename them to something more
meaningful from their point of view.

> I'll do my best there.
Excellent :)

> Would it be ok to have the needed libraries (SDL, FLAC, ...) in the
> tarball, since those are not part of Solaris?
This was ok for other ports up to date.

> One question: would you rather have 32 bit or 64 bit versions, or
> both? I like the fact of it being my first 64 bit game, but 32 bit is
> of course more common.
Both are preferable, probably as separate downloads. For 64bit version
please, specify architecture, i.e. IA64 or AMD64.

Eugene