[Scummvm-devel] Scummvm 0.8.2 is released

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Wed Feb 8 16:19:00 CET 2006

Hi Team again,

I announced the release several minutes ago. I really hope that it is
our last 0.8.x release and we can concentrate on trunk development.

Speaking of svn, there seem to be several problems, however it is
semi-save to use. I.e. you may get some files broken, until we set
properly all svn:properties. However I guess, that those of you who
feel confident with svn, could help the process. Also some binary files
are already sitting broken in svn tree due to some mysterious to me
reason, so if you'd check out, you may also help with doublechecking
those, setting properties if needed and committing correct version of
the file, so, please, do not remove your CVS trees yet.

Max already performed great bunch of setting those properties with use
of some custom perl scripts, but afaik, that work is not yet finished.

In other aspects SVN transition went quite smooth (we were brought in
above problems simply because CVS is missing those features). Most
links of files moved across the directories are restored, and we have,
for example, history for our scumm.cpp down to initial commit of
strigeus. Enjoy.

Eugene